2.4.13 and above causes many "Invalidate: Busy Buffer" messages.

From: Emiliano Garcia (emi@vinyltribe.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 13:51:38 EST

My web server is running software raid 5 on two promise ultra66 cards
with an ALi alladin 5 chipset and a k6-2-500 with 300 megs of ram. The
setup is 2 20 gig Maxtor 5400 RPM drives and one WD 30 gig 7200 rpm
drive.. the raid size is 40 gigs, the chunks are 64kb, and I formated
with stride = 16.

 I've noticed great improvements in the throughput of my raid with
hdparm -Tt /dev/md0 but now I get "Invalidate: Busy Buffer" hundreds of
times showing up in my dmesg. It only happens under heavy disk I/O and I
really need to figure out if this is just a warning or causing damage. A
dump causes this message to pop up at least 200 times.

Please advise as to what I need to do to help troubleshoot or what the
fix is.

Emi.