Re: [swsusp] Re: swsusp for 2.4.14

From: Adam Feuer (adamf@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 21:07:15 EST

Quoting Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:
> Has anyone tried porting swsusp to user mode linux. That way you could
> actually "suspend" a copy, resume it in parallel with the original and
> compare the two memory images ?

Alan,
  I got swsusp-2.4.13 (from Florent) to compile on User Mode Linux
2.4.13, with a couple of changes... it seems to suspend, but will not
resume afterwards... just boots normally. Suspending doesn't seem to
write the swsusp signature to the swap partition...
  I haven't gone any farther than that yet. I can provide a diff
against uml-2.4.13 if anyone is interested in helping. :-)

cheers
adam

--
Adam Feuer <adamf@pobox.com>      http://www.pobox.com/~adamf/