Re: Athlon /proc/cpuinfo anomaly [minor]

From: Alastair Stevens (alastair.stevens@mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 06:19:36 EST

> > CPU0 is labelled as an "AMD Athlon(tm) MP Processor 1800+", as expected.
> > CPU1 is instead labelled just "AMD Athlon(tm) Processor".
>
> Those strings are read directly out of the CPU.
> Alan

Hmmm, case of a suspicious CPU then? I haven't physically looked at it,
but all the correct XP flags (such as "sse") are reported, so it must be
the real thing.

Perhaps one is a certified MP processor, and the other (ahem) isn't...?

Cheers
Alastair

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
Alastair Stevens \ \
MRC Biostatistics Unit \ \___________ 01223 330383
Cambridge UK \___ www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk