Re: more tcpdumpinfo for nfs3 problem: aix-server --- linux 2.4.15pre5 client

From: Manfred Spraul (manfred@colorfullife.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 14:09:04 EST

> IOW:
> Either we must demand that CPU 2 uses irq-safe spinlocks in order to
> protect against sk->write_space(), or we must demand that CPU 1 should drop
> 'lock1' before being allowed to call dev_kfree_skb_any().

Or dev_kfree_skb_any() should consider disabled local interrupts as
'in_irq()' and call dev_kfree_skb_irq() in this case, or the driver
could call dev_kfree_irq() if it really wants to free while holding an
irq spinlock.

But that's a known problem:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dev_kfree_skb_any&hl=en&rnum=1&selm=linux.net.20010905.184245.94554736.davem%40redhat.com

--