Re: Linux FSCP (Frequently Submitted Compilation Problems)? (was: Re: Loop.c File !!!!)

From: Stuart Young (sgy@amc.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 18:18:13 EST

At 10:10 AM 21/11/01 +0100, Rob Turk wrote:
>Good suggestion. Unfortunately, many people obviously do not take the time
>to read the newsgroup before they post, so what do you propose will be the
>mechanism to encourage them to lookup existing issues?

Why not do it like the current Changelog, put it in the kernel repository,
and make sure it hits all the mirrors. A little selective advertising (eg:
someone mention it on slashdot, newsforge, debianplanet, etc), and people
will start using it. Just suffix the file with the version number, just
like the Changelog. Because the file will be small, it's possible that some
mirrors will get quick updates before they get the kernel itself. This
covers all the version specific problems at least.

Stuart Young - sgy@amc.com.au
(aka Cefiar) - cefiar1@optushome.com.au

[All opinions expressed in the above message are my]
[own and not necessarily the views of my employer..]