Re: Filesize limit on SMBFS

From: Urban Widmark (urban@teststation.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 07:10:53 EST

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Petr Tite(ra wrote:

> is maximum file size on SMBFS really 2GB? I cannot create file
> bigger than that.

Yes.

I have patches if you want to be my victim^Wtester.

You must be using an NT/2k/XP machine as server, win9x has a 4G limit
(vfat limit?).

Let me know which 2.4 kernel you are using. And if you don't already run a
kernel you compiled yourself, please do that first as you must recompile
to test the patches anyway (smbfs as a module is recommended, then you
should be able to only rebuild the modules part).

/Urban