Re: EXTRAVERSION =-greased-turkey

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 20:07:05 EST

On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 08:59:37AM +0800, ISP Client wrote:
> Now, can we return to leaving that for the user/vendor in future releases?

I'd suggest reading a linux-kernel or an archive site, and pulling Al Viro's
2nd patch for 2.4.15 inode.c problems.

2.4.15 has the potential to corrupt your filesystems slightly on reboot.
Al provides a safe method to reboot without this corruption, but it will
still be a good idea to force a fsck on boot, using:

        shutdown -F -r now

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux