Re: Moving ext3 journal file

From: Michael Zimmermann (zim@vegaa.de)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 06:37:54 EST

Excuse me, if I jump in with almost zero linux-kernel-knowledge,
and take my words as a third-party comment.

May be, I've not seen enough in 35 years of system programming
(including designing and writing journal-systems my own),
but I've never seen a journal beeing part of the data-space to be
journalled. It is simply an ugly thing in the file space. It either belongs
into /proc/fs/ext3 (or the like) or is not to be shown at all. Except
there was a valid neccessity to have it in the normal file space.

Greetings
Michael