Network hardware: "Network Media Detection"

From: Jeff Snyder (je4d@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 15:38:19 EST

Hi
I was wondering if there was any way in linux to use what redmond calls
"Network Media Detection"?

That is, it detects the presence of a (10BaseT) cable in the back of the
card.. and then does appropriate stuff (ifup/down, dhcpcd) when the event
happens.
I remember having this in W*nME, so can linux use it?
if so can someone please give me some pointers to appropriate sites/howtos on
how to use it?

Many Thanks
        - Jeff Snyder