Re: CML 1.9.0 is available

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 19:42:59 EST

David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se>:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 07:26:39PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > The latest version is always available at http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/cml2/
> >
> > Release 1.9.0: Sat Nov 24 18:50:22 EST 2001
> > * Sync with 2.4.15/2.5.0 (except for SH port).
>
> And when will SH be sync'ed?

When Niibe Yutaka sends me a rulebase patch. Alone among the port managers,
he has already accepted responsibility for maintaining his portion of the
rulebase.

> Can't wait to see CML2 in the kernel.

Thanks. I'm rather looking forward to it myself, as I've put 18 months
of hard, grotty work into keeping the rulebase current and can't wait to
distribute *that* piece off to other kernel maintainers.

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." -- George Washington, in a speech of January 7, 1790 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/