Re: Linux 2.4.16

From: Anuradha Ratnaweera (anuradha@gnu.org)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 02:58:47 EST

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 05:51:59AM -0200, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 10:30:08AM -0200, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> > >
> > > final:
> > > - Fix 8139too oops (Philipp Matthias Hahn)
> >
> > Won't that be a good idea to keep the -final the same as the last -pre?
>
> That's basically what happened. This 8139too fix is
> ONE LINE, in a self-contained piece of code.

It is still not okey to include even _small_ changes, because it is hard to
define what small is. Although we are sure that is is going to break,
Murphey's laws may get in ...;)

So better have a _policy_ of not doing so.

Cheers,

Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.13)

If you've done six impossible things before breakfast, why not round it off with dinner at Milliway's, the restaurant at the end of the universe? -- Douglas Adams, "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"