How do I keep a thread alive through shutdown?

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 18:28:36 EST

Several people are reporting long delays when shutting down and using
usb-storage. My guess is that the control thread is getting killed during
the shutdown process, and when the SCSI layer decides to send a final
command to the device, it's never completed because the thread is dead.

So, how do I make a kernel thread immune from being killed during a
shutdown?

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

I don't have a left mouse button. I only have one mouse and it's on my right. -- Customer User Friendly, 2/13/1999