Re: Coding style - a non-issue

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 17:20:04 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> said:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > I'm very interested too, though I'll have to agree with Larry
> > that Linux really isn't going anywhere in particular and seems
> > to be making progress through sheer luck.

In any case, Larry's suggestion would fracture Linux. Also, Solaris might
be a fine piece of work, but what is commonly called Linux (i.e.,
distributions) is more flexible, easier to use, and friendly
overall. Besides, the kernel handles an insane selection of hardware, and
is able to interoperate with allmost everything else there is. No mean
feat, that one.

> Hey, that's not a bug, that's a FEATURE!

Bingo!

--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Vin~a del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616