Re: Coding style - a non-issue

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 12:18:00 EST

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:
> >
> > I'm very interested too, though I'll have to agree with Larry
> > that Linux really isn't going anywhere in particular and seems
> > to be making progress through sheer luck.
>
> Hey, that's not a bug, that's a FEATURE!

Don't forget the fact that 2.4 is the first kernel you
managed to get stable under high load since 1.2.

Both 2.0 and 2.2 didn't get stable until Alan took over
and Alan's 2.4 fork got stable some 4 months before your
2.4 tree got stable.

I think you've pretty much proven how well random
development works.

regards,

Rik

--
Shortwave goes a long way:  irc.starchat.net  #swl