Re: i810 audio patch

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 23:26:52 EST

Nathan Bryant wrote:

> this patch is slightly differerent from the last one i posted.
>
> it's still diffed against 2.4.17pre1. one obvious thinko is fixed, and a
> couple lines that looked bad to me have been changed (goto end in
> i810_read seems to be necessary to clean up the wait queue unless I'm
> mistaken), and I'm no longer reproducing any OOPSes.
>
> however, i am seeing artsd segfault occasionally. this also seems to
> happen with the 4Front driver, however, at least if I load 4Front's
> module after unloading this patched driver. I'm not sure if this is a
> bug in artsd or specific to my setup or something nasty i've done to my
> kernel's data structures ;) so maybe somebody else who's still having
> problems with 2.4.17pre1 and KDE can take a look and see how it works
> for them.

Nathan, thanks for taking the time to merge these. I've got some more
stuff here that I've done just recently for ANK, and a few moments of
spare time. If you'll send me the last version of the .c file you had,
I can probably do a pretty quick merge of everthing together (I need the
.c file instead of the patch because I'm not starting from the same
source you are). Hopefully, between your efforts and the feedback I've
gotten in the last few days, we can send a final version to Marcello for
the 2.4 kernel series that actually works well.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before e-mailing me about problems