Unresolved symbol memset

From: Michael Smith (smithmg@agere.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 13:18:37 EST

Hello all,
     I am new the Linux world and have a problem which is somewhat
confusing. I am using the system call memset() in kernel code written
for Red Hat 7.1(kernel 2.4). I needed to make this code compatible with
Red Hat 6.2(kernel 2.2) and seem to be getting a unresolved symbol.
This is only happening in one place of the code in one file. I am using
memset() in other areas of the code which does not lead to the problem.
If anyone can clue me in to what this possible can be, it would greatly
be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Michael