WDIOC_SETTIMEOUT

From: Joel Becker (jlbec@evilplan.org)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 11:50:49 EST

Folks,
        I had been discussing an ioctl to set watchdogtimeouts with a
few folks. Lo-and-behold, we already have it in 2.4.16 (WDIOC_SETTIMOUT).
Yay!. Here's a patch adding it to all the drivers that support modifiable
timeouts. The passed timeout is in seconds. WDIOC_SETTIMEOUT writes to
the passed location the actual timeout set (which is the submitted timout
or rounded up if the card can't do that exact value). WDIOC_GETTIMEOUT is
also included for completeness. The WDIOF_SETTIMEOUT flag has been
added to the options returned by WDIOC_GETSUPPORT. If WDIOF_SETTMEOUT
is set, then WDIOC_{GET,SET}TIMEOUT are available.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #252

"Take good care of those you love."