Re: [RFC] Scheduler queue implementation ...

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 20:52:39 EST

> vmstat together with a lat_ctx 32 32 ... ( long list ), you'll see the run
> queue length barley reach 3 ( with 32 bouncing tasks ).
> It barely reaches 5 with 64 bouncing tasks.

Try 250 apache server processes running a mix of mod_perl and static
content, you'll see quite a reasonable queue size then, and it isnt all
cpu hogs.

Interesting question however. I certainly can't disprove your belief that
the queue will be short enough to be worth using multiqueue for the case
where its a queue per processor.

Alan