Re: Patches in 2.4.17-pre2 that aren't in 2.5.1-pre8

From: Nicolas Aspert (Nicolas.Aspert@epfl.ch)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 12:22:31 EST

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Nicolas,
>
> Who is the maintainer of the driver ?

According to the 'MAINTAINERS' file, nobody. So everything related to
the topic goes through you :-)

> Try to think from my side: I may have no hardware or time to test all
> patches which come to me.

That's why I did not pressed you. I sent you the patch something like
two weeks ago, but I know you have a very big amount of email, and many
other things to test/apply/reject/whatever. I just noticed that what I
sent to you and Linus had been merged into the 2.5 tree, which motivated
my reply, just to know the state of the

> Please, people, send this kind of driver changes to the people who know
> all hardware specific details.

As stated previously, there is no one for this... I only got positive
feedback about my patches by Robert Love, but as you he did not have the
hardware/time to test.

> If there is no maintainer for i810, I'll be glad to apply it on 2.4.18pre
> and wait for reports. Not going to be on 2.4.17, though.

You're the boss ;-) As I said, I got at least 3 successful feedbacks for
this patch, and the fact that Linux got it into the tree kinda confirms
my thought that there might not be too many things broken in it. The
choice of putting it into 2.4.17 or 2.4.18 is entirely yours, and I
accept it whatever it is. Keep me informed ;-)

Best regards

--
Nicolas Aspert      Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)