how to debug a deadlock'ed kernel?

From: Brian Horton (go_gators@mail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 14:57:52 EST

Anyone got any good tips on how to debug a SMP system that is locked up
in a deadlock situation in the kernel? I'm working on a kernel module,
and after some number of hours of stress testing, the box locks up. None
of the sysrq options show anything on the display, though the reBoot
option does reboot the system. RedHat 6.2 and its 2.2.14 kernel. Doesn't
hang for me on 2.4, so I need to debug it here...

Any hints?

thx.bri.