kernel panic with 2.4.16 and blockhighmem patch

From: DICKENS,CARY (HP-Loveland,ex2) (cary_dickens2@hp.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 20:00:39 EST

I'm getting a kernel panic when running specSFS on a 4x700PIII xeon highmem
system with 4GB RAM. We connect to our storage with a qlogicfc card and
have dual Gig Nics to the network. The filesystem is xfs.

The final message is:
scsi_free:Bad offset
In interrupt handler - not syncing

I complete the test fine with vanilla 2.4.16, and am wondering if this has
been seen elsewhere. Any ideas what would be causing this or, how I should
fix it, would be appreciated.

Cary