Hello all again,
Firstly, thanks for the quick responses!
A number of people suggested the problem was the memory write queue, via
chipset, Athlon bug. Looking into this I found I have a VIA chipset that
wasn't supported by 2.4.16 so the workaround wasn't being activated.
Last night I applied the 2.4.17-pre8 patch as well as a via-mwq.patch that
Troels sent me since the mwq appeard to add support for my chipset while
.17 didn't. These both applied fine and the machine booted with Duron
optimisation on :-) I ran an overnight stress test and it seems to be
So now all I have to do is remove the mwq patch to see if the problem was
solved just by upgrading to .17. I'll report back once I've found exactly
what fixed it.
Many thanks to all
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sat Dec 15 2001 - 21:00:26 EST