Resolved (was Re: 2.4.17-rc1 doesn't boot (on K6-II))

From: Sven Vermeulen (sven.vermeulen@rug.ac.be)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 11:12:29 EST

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 04:43:01PM +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> When booting 2.4.17-rc1, the following text appears:
[...]

A kernel compiled with a different gcc went very well. I found it strange
that the gcc I previously used (which I always use for compiling) gave that
error, so I recompiled it with that compiler and rebooted... which went
alright.

I can only guess what has mishappened. My /boot was full, but I hardly think
this was the problem.

Oh well, it goes well now, no need to complain, do I? ;-)

        Sven Vermeulen

--
panic("Foooooooood fight!");
  ~(In the kernel source aha1542.c, after detecting a bad segment list.)