815EP Linux problem with 2.4.17-rc1 (fwd)

From: Cristiano Paris (c.paris@libero.it)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 16:39:01 EST

I've recently bought a Asus Notebook, model L8490K which sports a 815EP
chipset.

I've installed the Slackware 8.0 distribution and soon recompiled the
2.4.17-rc1 kernel.

After some time of using it I've experienced some kernel oops due to
unhandled NULL pointer. I've just installed ksymoops so I'll try to debug
the error myself but I would like to know which is the support status for
this chipset. Have any problem been reported so far ?

Thank you very much for your support.

Cristiano