Re: Oops - 2.4.17rc1

From: Whit Blauvelt (whit@transpect.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 13:29:59 EST

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 01:15:30AM -0500, safemode wrote:
> iptables comes with 2.4.x, why are you patching it against it?

Well, meant to type iptables 1.2.4 - well actually you need to run iptables'
install routine to properly make the utilities - it doesn't patch anything
that isn't already in the kernel, so if the kernel's up to 1.2.4, the oops
came from some other problem.

Subsequently I've gone to using some of the experimental patches against
2.4.16, which does require patching. No problem so far with that kernel.
That oops was against the scock 2.4.17rc1 version.

Whit