Re: Panic output

From: simon@baydel.com
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 08:47:15 EST

I have tried the console only method and this does not work either.
Perhaps I sould add some more information about the panic. This
card is a FC board and there was a bug in the hardware which
caused invalid frame reception. When this happens the driver is
interrupted and goes off to have a look at the frame. It sorts ou the
hardware and continues. Initially I was just dumping part of the
frame and the system continued and all was ok. I decided in
certain circumstances this would not be a good idea so I inserted
the panic. At this stage I get the hang or reboot depending how I
set /proc/sys/kernel/panic. I guess if this is set to 0 the hang
should be a screen oops message ?

I get the impression from the responses that panic does not aways
work, is that correct ?

At this point the hardware is all ok and can be made to continue
running all that has happened is some isolated event internal to a
PCI card.

I will try the serial line.

Many Thanks

Simon.