Re: The direction linux is taking

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 07:19:42 EST

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Eyal Sohya wrote:

> 1. Are we satisfied with the source code control system ?

There is no source control.

> 2. Is there enough planning for documentation ? As another
> poster mentioned, there are new API and we dont know about
> them.

Documentation patches usually get dropped on the floor,
so writing documentation isn't really worth it most of
the time. Documentation really only works if it's written
together with the code and sent in the same patch.

> 3. There is no central bug tracking database. At least people
> should know the status of the bugs they have found with some
> releases.
> 4. Aggressive nature of this mailing list itself may be a
> turn off to many who would like to contribute.

Tough. If you can't deal with this you're better off using
a kernel package from your favourite Linux distribution.

cheers,

Rik

--
DMCA, SSSCA, W3C?  Who cares?  http://thefreeworld.net/