Re: Scheduler ( was: Just a second ) ...

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 16:18:24 EST

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Larry McVoy wrote:

> Maybe I'm an old stick in the mud, but IRC seems like a big waste of
> time to me. It's perfect for off the cuff answers and fairly useless
> for thoughtful answers. We used to write well thought out papers and
> specifications for OS work. These days if you can't do it in a
> paragraph on IRC it must not be worth doing, eh?

Actually, we tend to use multiple media at the same time.

It happens very often that because of some discussion on
IRC we end up writing up a few paragraphs and sending it
to people by email.

For other things, email is clearly too slow, so stuff is
done on IRC (eg. walking somebody through a piece of code
to identify and agree on a bug).

cheers,

Rik

--