problem with smb

From: Thodoris Pitikaris (linux@iesl.forth.gr)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 07:42:18 EST

Hi,

In our institute we have a cluster system with 6 sytems that have the
following
configuration :

CPU: PIII 1GHZ/133 MHZ (DUAL)
MOTHER: Intel Server Board STL2 (intergrated Intel pro/100+ & Adaptec
Ultra 160 SCSI) Chipset ServerWorks OSB4
NET CARD: 3COM Broadcom BCM5700 (Gigabit)
RAID Cont. : AMI MegaRAID (only in PBS server)
HDD: IBM Model: DDYS-T18350N
MEMORY: 512MB/133Mhz
OS: REDHAT 7.1 with Default Kernel (2.4.7)

What the problem is : The PBS server after some time freeze, with no
error message from kernel Just freeze. We have changed everthing (even
the tower)
but nothing happened !

Is there any sugestions ?

Best Regards