Re: [reiserfs-list] reiserfs remount problem (Re: Linux 2.4.17-rc2)

From: Masaru Kawashima (masaruk@gol.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 09:52:03 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:26:44 +0300
Oleg Drokin <green@namesys.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 11:08:12PM +0900, Masaru Kawashima wrote:
>
> > > - Reiserfs fixes (Oleg Drokin/Chris Mason)
>
> > There is still reiserfs remount problem with 2.4.17-rc2.
> Hmmm.
> Few things needs to be verified:
> Is your reiserfs root partition 3.5 or 3.6 format? (can be checked in /proc/fs/reiserfs/.../version

It's 3.6 format.

  # cat /proc/fs/reiserfs/version
  ReiserFS version 3.6.25 [built into kernel]
  # cat /proc/fs/reiserfs/*/version
  new format with checks off
  new format with checks off
  new format with checks off
  new format with checks off
  new format with checks off

> Try to boot of different media (rescue disk/CD) and run resiserfsck on your root partition,
> is there any errors?

I've tried reiserfsck with booting from spare root partition
formatted with ext3. But there was no errors.

> Is your root partition big?

Yes. It's 85GB. And it's on a software raid (raid0) partition.

--
Masaru Kawashima <masaruk@gol.com>