Re: asynchronus multiprocessing

From: John Clemens (john@deater.net)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 13:09:34 EST

I looked into this a little while ago... never got a patch working
100% correctly...there was some discussions about it on the SGI Linux
Scalability list (as far as i can tell, it was the -only- discussion on
the SGI list, as the IBM list started about the same time.. ahhh, orphaned
mailing lists..).. It was a quick-n-dirty hack, and only the beginnings of
one at that...

i put a quick page up about it at
http://www.deater.net/john/processorgroups.html

Conclusion: Could be done, not worth it for miniscule speed gains, could
be much more of a benefit on NUMA machines, but the linux scalable
scheduler's out there are probably a much better approach to doing the
same thing...

john.c

--
John Clemens          http://www.deater.net/john