Re: aio

From: Dan Kegel (dank@kegel.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 14:29:15 EST

Ben LaHaise wrote:
> > Ben: end of discussion. I will _not_ apply any patches for aio if they
> > aren't openly discussed. We're not microsoft, and we're not Sun. We're
> > "Open Source", not "cram things down peoples throat and spring new
> > features on them as a fait accompli".
>
> Discuss them then to your heart's content. I've posted announcements to
> both l-k and linux-aio which are both on marc.theaimsgroup.com ...

Ben, I think maybe we need to get people excited about your patches,
and build up a user base, before putting them in the mainline kernel.
The volume on the linux-aio list has been pretty light, and the
visibility of the patches has been pretty low.

I know I volunteered to write some doc for your aio, and haven't delivered;
thus I'm contributing to the problem. Mea culpa. But there are some
small things that could be done. A freshmeat.net entry for the project,
for instance. Shall I create one, or would you rather do it?
A home page for linux-aio would be great, too.
- Dan