Re: aio

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 01:09:40 EST

Could we get back on track, and possibly discuss the patches themselves,
ok? We want _constructive_ criticism of the interfaces.

I think it's clear that many people do want to have aio support. At least
as far as I'm concerned, that's not the reason I want to have public
discussion. I want to make sure that the interfaces are good for aio
users, and that the design isn't stupid.

If somebody can point to a better way of doing aio, and giving good
arguments for that, more power to him. But let's not go down the path of
"_I_ don't like aio, so _you_ must be stupid".

                Linus