RFC: bio_vec bits, kmap_atomic

From: Benjamin LaHaise (bcrl@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 17:08:36 EST

Hello,

It looks like 2.5.2-pre1 is working towards recreating all the kvec helpers
that I already wrote and offered in the kvec series of patches. Do you want
to continue recreating code, or would you like to merge?

Another issue: would you accept a patch to convert kmap_atomic into a more
kmap-like function that only allows 2 kmaps per "context" for bounce
copies? As it stands, the fact that many kmap_atomic users have to disable
interrupts is a gross wart that makes things stupidly slow. Oh, and by
context I'm thinking of kernel mode, bottom half, softirq and interrupt.
This probably means hard limiting the maximum irq depth to 8 or so, but I
suspect we need to do that

                -ben

--
Fish.