Offtopic Java/C# [Re: aio]

From: Bill Huey (billh@tierra.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 19:28:54 EST

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 03:53:13PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> That's a circular question, because C# exists due to Sun's mistakes
> with handling Java. So my answer is "both".

Well, they really serve different purposes and can't be compare. One
is an unified object/class model for DCOM with more static typing stuff
(boxing, parametric types), which the other is more CLish with class
reflection built closely into the language runtime, threading and other
self contained things within that system.

bill