Hello. Patch time (drivers/block/loop.c)

From: Eric Windisch (ericw@grokthis.net)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 03:14:42 EST

Hello. I would like to formally introduce myself to this list, as this is my first post. Of course, I would not come to the table empty handed.. I bring to you a patch ;)

I was digging around the loopback block device driver and it wasn't long before I realized that it assumes you are writing if you are not reading.. which I assume could be hazardous if there is an overflow, bad memory, or someone modifies some other code without knowledge :)

Patch attached.

I may be looking at this and the multi-device drivers in the near future as I have a need for support for partitions on these devices; I think it would be really neat if the software-raid could eventually become compatable with hardware raid.. although much slower, it may be a nice thing to have for testing purposes or a last resort for those who fry their hardware raid-controllers ;)

--
Eric Windisch
http://bwbohh.net