Re: Booting a modular kernel through a multiple streams file

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 21:08:42 EST

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Dave Cinege wrote:

[snip]

Umm... Peter, mind forwarding the sensible parts to me? Sometimes
.procmailrc is a bit too drastic and /dev/null is hard to read...

> Viros changes are drastic, no question about it, but dismissing them as
> "disaster" without further motivation is a bloody awfully arrogant.

IIRC, his objections back then were about linking archive into the kernel
image. s/disaster/ugly stuff that was nowhere near top-priority and got fixed
since then/ and I agree with that one.