Re: CDROM stop's working 15mins after being mounted

From: Davidovac Zoran (zdavid@unicef.org.yu)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 04:22:28 EST

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Robert Jameson wrote:

> Hi, I recently noticed with 2.4.17 using scsi cdrom emulation my cdrom stop's functioning after monunting it, (and reading from it). I think hafta umount and remount it, I didnt see these problems with 2.4.16, has anyone else had this problem?
> --

I have no problem with using scsi cdrom emulation ,
using teac 58E RW and ide-scsi emulation.

Only problem I found is when writing TOC (within cdrecord)
I have to wait until it finished (I cannot even change console)
to be more strange, I have that problem only at work
PIII 500Mhz with TEAC 58E but on
PII 633Mhz with TEAC 54E and PPRO 200Mhz with TEAC 58E I haven't
that problem. Note that was for 2.4.14-17

With kernel 2.2.19 there is no such behaviur.

Regards,

 Zoran