RE: Linux 2.4.18-pre1

From: Troels Walsted Hansen (troels@thule.no)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 16:10:36 EST

> > - Update Athlon/VIA PCI quirks (Calin A.
>I tested this patch and unfortunately, I have to say, it is not working
(if it should prevent the
>suddenly changing time on VIA-boards). I have the same problem with
suddenly changing time as
>without this patch.

Nope, the change is related to a bug in the VIA Northbridge memory write
queue timer causing oopses on Athlon optimised linux kernels.

I believe the patch you're looking for is last seen in the ac series,
and not merged with 2.4 mainline due to triggering on unaffected
motherboards.

--
Troels Walsted Hansen