Re: RFC: Linux Bug Tracking & Feature Tracking DB

From: Edgar Toernig (froese@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 18:29:45 EST

Larry McVoy wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:52:36PM +0100, Edgar Toernig wrote:
> > Daniel Phillips wrote:

> > > Check the site, he provides the source.
> >
> > Just checked it again: no sources. Only binaries. None of them
> > will run on my system. Last time I asked for the sources my
> > request was rejected.
>
> The only interaction with you that I've ever had, according to my outbox,
> is on Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:38:43 -0800 where you asked about BK,
> said there wasn't an image for you platform, I asked what platform, and
> so far haven't heard back, at least I have no record of it.

The answer was sent 1 minute after your reply. Here it is again:

----------------
> Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:36:40 +0100
> From: Edgar Toernig <froese@gmx.de>
> To: Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com>
> Subject: Re: Source of Bitkeeper
>
> Larry McVoy wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 12:25:00AM +0100, Edgar Toernig wrote:
> > > is the source code of Bitkeeper somewhere to download?
> > > There's no binary image for my system. And, I prefer
> > > sources anyway.
> >
> > Which platform is it?
>
> An old linux system with libc5.
>
> Ciao, ET.

After that I heard nothing more from you. I got the impression that a
libc5 system was not commercially interesting enough...

> And, it would be nice if you raised the issue with us rather than the
> kernel list, they aren't going to build your BK image for you.

I asked nobody to build a BK image for me. You are constantly misusing
the lkml as a BK promotion facility. And when you raise the impression
that sources are available I'll correct that. Pretty simple.

Ciao, ET.

Reply-To set...