Re: Bounce from andre@linuxdiskcert.org

From: Gérard Roudier (groudier@free.fr)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 12:05:58 EST

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Nicholas Knight wrote:

> On Sunday 30 December 2001 03:33 am, Gérard Roudier wrote:
> > Hello Andre,
> >
> > I already said you that my replies get not accepted by your email
> > agents.
> >
> > If you want to post to an open list then you want to accept messages
> > from people subscribed to that list. Doing different is just
> > impoliteness.
>

> Andre isn't the only one that does this. It seems many people enjoy
> blocking people with access to only one smtp server. Esspecialy when
> that server is on a very small, isolated ISP, or an ISP that people
> just ASSUME is up to bad things.
>
> David Weinehall sent me a private email recently, to which I responded,
> but didn't go through because, oh wonder of wonders, the pocketinet
> smtp server is listed on A spam list, and an apparent alias,
> white.pocketinet.com, is on two.
>
> Now, aren't all these spam lists supposed to try and CONTACT the
> providers to get the issue resolved before blacklisting them? I know
> for a fact that if someone had actually contacted pocketinet about the
> problem customer that sent spam, they would have taken care of it
> promptly. It's a very small ISP in a remote area of Washington State,
> and it's run by friendly and competent people.

I just tried the following email address:

groudier@free.fr writing to andre@linuxdiskcert.fr -> spammer
eroudier@free.fr writing to andre@linuxdiskcert.fr -> spammer
groudier@club-internet.fr writing to andre@linuxdiskcert.fr -> accepted

So, it may look that 'free.fr' is in some spam list.

Thanks for the reply,
  Gérard.