Re: [kbuild-devel] Re: State of the new config & build system

From: Hartmut Holz (hartmut.holz@arcormail.de)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 15:53:01 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>
>>Localization for technical messages sucks. badly.
>>Just take a look at a european computer magazine, you will find lots of
>>english words in the text because there is no german/frensh/whatever
>>one. Trying to use different grammar doesn't help the understanding.
>>

> Or take a look at a BSD or Linux Web page in one of the oriental
> languages... even it contains English quite often.

Best example is IBM. It's only possible to install the DB2 client
in your native Language (may be German) on Windows. The manual's are
in English. So, for example a trigger is a Auslöser - very strange.
May be they should translate the SQL Language to. Would be a little
bit easier and I can start with computing from scratch again.

Another nice thing is Excel. You use German for the table and English
for VB programing. For example: table: zeichen() == VB char().

On the other hand, the only population who dubbed/translate every
movie/thing into German, are the German's. Most others (for example Scandinavia,
Netherland) use the original Language (mostly English) with subtitles.

Hartmut