Re: Why would a valid DVD show zero files on Linux?

From: Marius Gedminas (mgedmin@centras.lt)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 09:48:26 EST

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 09:21:24AM -0500, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> > The autodetection is working. Your DVD has a UDF file system on it and a
> > blank iso9660 one.
>
> Understood. However, why can't that combination "just work"? Changing
> /etc/fstab every time I switch between sticking in a CD-ROM and DVD-ROM is not cool.
> Certainly that "other operating system" does not make me do that.

I used to have two lines in my /etc/fstab: one to mount /dev/cdrom on
/cdrom as iso9660, another to mount /dev/cdrom on /cdudf as udf. Then
it's simply a matter of mount /cdrom or mount /cdudf.

Of course, that "other operating system" does not require you to
manually mount CD-ROMs at all.

Marius Gedminas

--
Thus spake the master programmer:
        "After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless."