Re: ATA RAID-0 FYI-Did the Impossible.

From: Miles Lane (miles@megapathdsl.net)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 10:55:28 EST

On Mon, 2001-12-31 at 06:05, Andre Hedrick wrote:

<snip>

> If you want your system to have this kind of performance, that raise hell
> to get the patches adopted into the main kernel.

Have you asked Linus and Marcelo why your patches aren't being
accepted? Linus and Hans Reiser eventually sorted out what
was required for getting reiserfs into the kernel, though it
took some negotiation and compromise of the part of the reiserfs
folks. I imagine you can do the same.

It's a no-brainer that we all want fast disk I/O.

        Miles