Re: IRQ assignment probs with "1st Supersonic M6T Gericom" laptop

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 12:21:32 EST

Kai Germaschewski wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Fabio Tudone wrote:
>
> > The basic problem is that I've been able to get interrupts assigned to the
> > peripherals _only_ booting into Windows 2000 (other Windows versions won't
> > do the trick) _from poweroff_ and then booting into Linux (I think that in
> > fact it's a broken BIOS problem, but there are no upgrades available yet).
>
> Yes, the BIOS provided $PIR table seems broken.
>
> It would be nice if you could try whether ACPI IRQ routing works for you.
>
> To do so, get the latest ACPI (20011218) source release, from
> www.sf.net/projects/acpi and apply it to 2.4.17. Then, apply the appended
> patch.

To tangent, I think it would be useful to allow the bootloader to load
ACPI or $PIR or MP tables, in case someone is cutting costs [no tables]
or broken BIOS [replacement of broken tables].

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | Only so many songs can be sung
Building 1024    | with two lips, two lungs, and one tongue.