Re: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 18:07:54 EST

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:
> > (Telling me to rely on dmidecode already being installed SUID is not
> > a good answer either. No prizes for figuring out why.)
>
> Well you can't rely on the kernel having the modification either.

If /proc/dmi were to go in soon, at least I *could* rely on it in 2.6.

Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils. -- General George Stark. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/