Re: 2.5.2-pre7 still missing bits of kdev_t

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 21:32:46 EST

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> reiserfs is blindly storing the kernel's kdev_t value raw to disk.

Well, it won't do that. You have to use "kdev_t_to_nr()", which (whenever
the format of kdev_t changes) will still be identical in the low 16 bits.

Now, if somebody actually has the raw "kdev_t" in their on-disk
structures, that's a real problem, but I don't think anybody does.
Certainly I didn't see reiserfs do it (but it may well be missing a few
"kdev_t_to_nr()" calls)

                Linus