Re: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 15:36:46 EST

Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>:
> > If you find an MCA-bus, you can suppress most (but not all) ISA-cards
> > too (some of the cards support MCA without having any extra MCA-related
> > code in the drivers, such as the eexpress-driver, but I can help with
> > such a list if necessary.)
>
> Shouldn't the drivers depend on "CONFIG_ISA or CONFIG_MCA" then? Just
> like CONFIG_DEFXX depends on "CONFIG_PCI or CONFIG_EISA"?

Yes, that's almost the right solution (CONFIG_ISACARDS or CONFIG_MCA).
I'll add

        require MCA != ISA_CARDS

to the rulebase. Not that there are a lot of MCA machines out there but
every little bit helps.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -- Robert A. Heinlein, "Beyond This Horizon", 1942 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/