Re: 2.4.17 - hanging due to usb

From: Dylan Egan (crack_me@bigpond.com.au)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 00:43:47 EST

>Can you not load the usb-storage driver, load the usbcore module, and
>the USB host driver that you are using, and point hotplug to somewhere
>else:
> echo /bin/true > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
>
>Then plug in your device, and send the output of /proc/bus/usb/devices
>to the list (and the linux-usb-devel list, which is a better place for
>this :)

I only got this extra bit of infomation from the way you said for me to do it.
When i loaded usbcore this time it said cant get major 180 for usb....
Ok i loaded it as you said it all went find but it never gave me anything
when i went to do "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices".
Also this is the most information i can get when it is initialzing the usb
device(insmod usb-storage):

Using /lib/modules/2.4.17/kernel/drivers/usb/storage/usb-storage.o
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
scsi0: SCSI Emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
usb-uhci.c: ENXIO 800000200, flags 0,urb ccaeb440, burb ccaeb4c0
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame #1758
usb.c USB disconnect on device 2
hub.c USB new device connect on bus3/2, assigned device number 3
Manufactuar: ScanLogic USBIDE
Product: ScanLogic USBIDE
usb-storage:host_reset() requested but not implemented
scsi: device set offline - command error recover failed; host0 channel 0 id
0 lun 0

i had to write this out i hope its perfect to what it said

Regards,

Dylan