Re: [ANNOUNCE] klibc 0.1 release

From: Matthias Andree (matthias.andree@stud.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 06:51:13 EST

On Tue, 08 Jan 2002, Felix von Leitner wrote:

> I understand that's OK for diet hotplug, so it's OK to take just enough
> code to make your project work. The important question probably is
> whether diet hotplug will be part of the kernel distribution or not.
> If not, I don't think it makes much sense to not just reference the diet
> libc. Maybe we can put the diet libc distribution on ftp.kernel.org to
> show the affinity better (and make it more widely mirrored).
>
> But forking means you will have to watch our CVS and port stuff from
> here to there every now and then.

More importantly, the dietlibc compilation units are tiny, so even
linking against dietlibc itself is probably not much different in
outcome than a spinoff.

--
Matthias Andree

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/